Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE LOVELY BONES and PIZZA NIGHT!





Today, we are having a girls day out. We are off to see The Lovely Bones.
The novel by Alice Sebold was a prerequisite for the granddaughters to
see before having a movie night out.





We have all read it, we have all cried, we are happy that Peter Jackson did
the directions. I love Mark Walberg although this is a different part for him
to play as the father of the murdered girl.





It only opened yesterday here in Whitby, and already been rated as a 4 out of
5 star movie.





I'll let you know in the next post...but read the book, it really is amazing.





I also made 3 large pizzas as we are taking my neighbour Mary (cottage Mary) who had to make fudge as here prerequisite to getting to tag along with the granddaughters. Courtney (aka Olympic girl) reminded me three times to ask Mary about her delicious fudge..."tell her she can't come unless she makes fudge!" so Mary made fudge.






I doubled the recipe for the pizza dough, but I think because my cookie sheets are quite large, it still only made three. I know that people put lots of wierd things on their pizzas but we usually just add pizza sauce, mozzerella cheese, mushrooms, pepperoni, bacon and then tomatoes on half.





But the kids do like pineapple and I know that Tory likes some fresh herb on her pizza, although when I went to get the salad fixins' I couldn't remember what it was and still don't. So pineapple on the side and we have balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the table...Doesn't that sound good?

8 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I read the book and loved it and so glad to see the movie is out = let me know if it is done well. I hate seeing a movie that isn't near as good as the book.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Susan In Texas said...

Your pizza sounds very yummy. I read about that book in the NY Times, but I never got around to reading the book. I definitely want to see that movie and Avatar.

Susan

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Sounds perfectly srumptious to me.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a fun time. We like sausage, green onions and pineapple on our please.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

i saw "Up In the Air" a few days ago, and I liked it

Barb said...

I am glad you had a good time but I really don't know if I want to see that movie, it seems so sad.

Sunshine said...

Hi Nanci,
I read that book, and the other one, where the girl doesn't die (Lucky, I think it's called). I didn't even know that they made a movie of Lovely Bones, so I really look forward to your review!

Cheers,
Christine

Crispy said...

Oh I loved the book...and cried too...I look forward to your review of the movie.

Crispy