Wednesday, May 4, 2016

NINE PATCH FINISHED

THIS IS A POST FROM 2009, IT POPPED UP TODAY ON MY BLOG!  AN YOU WONDER WHY I HAVE BLOGGING PROBLEMS....HONESTLY!
I finished the nine patch yesterday afternoon.

I just love the look of this colour. It's a soft

yellow in the sa!62 X 68 size of it too.


I posted a photo of my daughter and thinking

it was her daughter, but in fact the little girl is

another granddaughter and these two could pass

for sisters even today, so as a grandmother, I can

make mistakes. My daughter corrected me .....of course. But it was the thought that I went after.


I am today, piecing the black quilt blocks and really even though I needed the striped fabric to make it larger, it's going to be a large lap quilt by the time I put the border sashings on it. My friend Helen (my private free teacher) helped me put it together.


I learned that not all fat quarters are the same size too. I also learned that cutting one way or the other determined a totally different count in block sizes. Some fate quarters at the local quilt shops around here are larger than the Walmart ones.


Did I tell you I bought two Moda Jelly Rolls? Oh my goodness am I excited or what. This is big time quilting for me. It was the Oh Cherry Oh that did it. It was on sale at the Fat Quarter Shop as was another Jelly, so I ordered the two.

No comments :